Indonesian Billionaire Wealthier than American counterparts


Sutera Sampoerna

When I was in college (around the age of eighteen), I had a small cardex box that I filled with index cards. On each card, I wrote one thing that I really wanted to have in my life … the things I put down were not things that were unrealistically unattainable for my current state of affairs, but rather, were things that I felt confident were in the realm of possibilities if I dedicated myself to its attainment. AND, as soon as I accomplished acquiring a listed item, I would tear up that particular card.
It became clear to me that to accomplish what I wanted in the shortest period of time possible that I had to somehow supplement my allowance afforded me by my parents … and to that end, I took on a job as a cocktail waiter at a high-end restaurant … I also bought and sold used cars on the side.








As a young man, I distinctly remember one of the things I really wanted … it was an Excalibur sports car. To my disappointment however, when I finally managed to purchase one, it drove like a “tank” and so I decided to sell it right away … It just shows you that at times things that one perceives to be “a must” is not at all what it was made out to be!
I also remember that I had always thought that it would be cool to own an island. So, I wrote “ISLAND” on one of the index cards. When the time came that I could finally afford one, I realized that, from a practical standpoint, that I would seldom have the time to make my way to the far away location of any island that I would have liked to have … so instead, I decided to create one on my ranch in Texas – where my mother lives — by digging lakes around a piece of land.







That was the last index card in my “Wish Box” … and I never wrote another index card thereafter. Nevertheless, even though I no longer maintain a “Wish Box”, having specific (attainable) goals in life will drive us to do positive things to achieve them. AND, as we get older and mature, it becomes clear to us that it is not only the material things that drive us to measuring our accomplishments and success!


http://www.puterasampoerna.com/happy-new-year-2012-2/


Popular posts from this blog

Super large Master planned development proposals

Mass Producing Ultralight Helicopters in Micro Factories

Saddam's Lavish life style